November 13, 2013

3D2N Trip to Tioman Island

A late post on the trip to Tioman Island back in March. Not sure if I could still remember every little detail but I will try to share with you my experience to this particular island. 


So my friends and I (the four of us including myself) took the budget package which costed us RM330 per person. It was a 3 days & 2 nights stay and the package includes the 'to and fro' ferry ticket from Mersing to Tioman, the accommodation, meals (breakfast and dinner), 1 barbecue dinner and snorkeling trips at 3 spots. The only thing that we had to do was to drive all the way to Mersing's Jetty and drive back to BP. 


So, the ferry journey from Mersing to Tioman took us about 2 hours and as soon as we stepped down at Sun Beach Resort, we were just so fascinated by the scenery! 




Since we got the cheapest chalet there, the overall comfort rating was below average. We fed the big black mosquitoes well for three days I guess. Although we had spent some time killing all the mosquitoes in the room, there were still more coming in from the toilet gaps. At some point, I kinda just gave up and let the mosquitoes feed on me. Looking at the bright side, we got the best view from our chalet, facing directly to the sea.


The chalet that we were staying in.


 The girls enjoying themselves..
  

On the second day, we went snorkeling at three different spots.



Literally a school of fish 

Travelling buddies


It was my first time snorkeling and it was absolutely fun!
There were plenty of coral reefs but mostly dead. We also spotted small fishes swimming around and lots sea urchins can be seen too. 

2nd Stop
Pristine clear blue sea which was way beyond my expectations! *Maybe because it was my first trip to an island. Found many sea cucumbers here but there were not many fishes swimming around. My head kinda started spinning here as the water was too clear and the moving water shadows were reflecting on the sand in the sea.




Coral reefs and fishes can be seen from above water



 Shadow of my own
  





At the third spot, the place is called Marina Bay Park. Didn't get any nice pictures there cause it was raining! So unlucky. But we still went snorkeling. Big and colorful fishes can be seen there! Honestly, they were soo beautiful!! 

Then the last stop was at a duty-free shop. Bought a few packets of chocolates back cause it's cheap.  Headed back to our resort and continued snorkeling till we became roti bakar.






After all those excitements, we decided to enjoy the spectacular sunset and took many pictures before we head home the following day. 


That's all for the trip! 


P/S: Tioman Island is a highly recommended place if you're looking for a short getaway!


No comments:

Post a Comment